The Rehearsal Process

Follow the Rehearsal Process of Illinois State University's production of The Women of Lockerbie by Deborah Brevoort.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First night of Blocking

After a week of table work we are now on our feet and moving forward quickly. I cannot tell you how amazing it is to see this work getting on its feet and hear the words with the blocking. Even though it is only a shell at this point, I can see the makings of something great up there in those actors. They are smart and excited and fully committed to going on this journey. There is nothing better than a group of people working toward a common goal with such passion and drive. I have to admit I was tired heading into rehearsal after a long day. But 10 mins in the room with those folks and I had my energy renewed.

Today Gloria Clark and I also got to meet the Eng 102 class. It was a good group with some really nice questions. It is exciting that there are people who seem to have lots of experiences with theater mixed with folks who have never seen a play in their lives. I take for granted that theater is such a big part of my life that it might not be for many others. It is our hope that this is a positive experience for all the students who study and see this production and that theater finds a way into their lives, even if only a little bit.

Emily Gill
Director, Women of Lockerbie