The Rehearsal Process

Follow the Rehearsal Process of Illinois State University's production of The Women of Lockerbie by Deborah Brevoort.

Friday, September 16, 2011

The Final Countdown to Tech

So I guess I'm newer to this blogging idea but I've decided to give it a shot! My name is Andrew Blevins and I serve as the Stage Manager for this production of The Women of Lockerbie. This project has been exciting as it started for me back in March and has been a joy to work on this whole time! The whole show is officially coming together! It's getting down to the time where we are in the prep stages for Tech. We will start adding lights, sounds and the set within this next week. My days will be filled with meetings with the director and designers as we prepare for Tech.

The event that always starts off prep for tech week for me is what we refer to as Paper Tech. This is the moment where myself, the director, the lighting designer & sound designer all sit down and discuss the lighting and sound cues within the show that I will be responsible for making sure get called at the correct time. It will be a good meeting to start off what is going to be more than likely a very good tech week!

I hope you all are as excited to see the show as we are to present it. It really can't be expressed how much work goes into a show. Everyone has been working so hard, whether it's the cast or design team. In the end, it should be a great product that we put on that stage!

Andrew Blevins
Stage Manager